Himex Sherpas head for C3

Adam Parore has updated his Instagram to give an update on his expeditions progress. There have been difficulties with stronger than forecast winds. They are at about 35km/h at C2. They are expected to be higher at C3. He says that if the Sherpas don’t setup C3 today then they wont have time to rope the entire route, setup C4, and make the summit before the 29th July. This is when worse weather is expected to close in.

Parore though expects the Sherpas to turn around before C3. He thinks the winds will be too strong and common sense says that they play it safe. But we will find out later today.

He also said it could be soon for a decision on the expedition. If they cant realistically make the summit by the 29th July then their aspirations of making the summit this year could be over.

Update

These Sherpas have turned back because of snow and high winds. They turned back before lunch. 

Adam Parore Instagram

Advertisements

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: