Kazakhs to head out of K2 on Friday

After a wait for their porters the Kazakhstan climbers will be finally be able to leave K2 base camp. The porters had been delayed by one day. On the 21st of August they will go down the Boltoro glacier and out towards Skardu.

It has been a tough month for the Kazakhstan climbers Maxut Zhumayev and Vassily Pivtsov. They arrived on the 25th of July and were acclimatizing while other teams were making failed attempts for the summit. They also did not attempt to go up in the limited weather window that Christian Stangl made the summit of K2. It was Maxut who called off the expedition while Vassily thought the summit was still attainable. This was Vassily’s 6th attempt on K2 and Maxut’s 5th.

Source: Kazpatriot


3 Responses to “Kazakhs to head out of K2 on Friday”

  1. jenispek Says:

    correct me if i am wrong, but i think it was 7th Vasya’s attemp

  2. iSayat Says:

    Nope, this is Vasilys’s 6th attempt to the K2 mountain:

    1. 2003- Winter Polish Ex. North route.
    2. 2003- Classic route
    3. 2005- Classic route
    4. 2007- Classic North route
    5. 2009- Classic route
    6. 2010- Classic route


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: