Kazakh and Russian assault of K2 over

The Kazakh and Russian climbers have decided to turn around after they were going for the summit for the second day in a row. There are several reasons for this. A weather forecast from the head of the Japanese team made the 2 Kazakhs and the Russian climber call off the climb. The forecast is for there to be hurricane winds of over 100km/h. Under these conditions it was considered far too difficult to continue. Also the difficulty of the deep snow made things very hard at this height to make enough distance.

There is now no one that is at present on the mountain that is making an effort to go for the summit. All parties are either at base camp or descending.

It is unclear as yet whether there will be any more attempts of the summit. The window for climbing is closing as it usually ends sometime in August.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: